Quantum Spin

Well, due to some spammer having found this obscure blog, I have been forced to refuse Anonymous posts. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause for legitimate posters, but since I am unable to send feedback to the offending servers causing them to explode and burst into flames - well, I do what I can. Thank you to all my sincere commentators and may the spammers rot in digital agony.

Monday, July 07, 2008

Absolutely No Yellowcake In Iraq.

Hey, wait a minute - what's that 550 tons of yellowcake?

AP Exclusive: US removes uranium from Iraq

Jul 6, 4:45 AM (ET)
By BRIAN MURPHY

The last major remnant of Saddam Hussein's nuclear program - a huge stockpile
of concentrated natural uranium - reached a Canadian port Saturday to complete a
secret U.S. operation that included a two-week airlift from Baghdad and a ship
voyage crossing two oceans.

The removal of 550 metric tons of "yellowcake" - the seed material for
higher-grade nuclear enrichment - was a significant step toward closing the
books on Saddam's nuclear legacy. It also brought relief to U.S. and Iraqi
authorities who had worried the cache would reach insurgents or smugglers
crossing to Iran to aid its nuclear ambitions.

Gee, I wonder if this could have been for WMDs?

Nah.

Probably used it for potting soil...

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home