Quantum Spin

Well, due to some spammer having found this obscure blog, I have been forced to refuse Anonymous posts. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause for legitimate posters, but since I am unable to send feedback to the offending servers causing them to explode and burst into flames - well, I do what I can. Thank you to all my sincere commentators and may the spammers rot in digital agony.

Monday, March 06, 2006

Blackberry Gets A Reprieve

Well, it looks like everyone hooked on "black" will be able to continue their addiction for a while longer. NTP has settled with RIM with a $612.5 million dollar settlement. Even if the US PTO overturns NTP's patents, RIM will not have to pay it back.

The earlier agreement between the two companies in March of 2005, was a settlement for $450 million. I guess NTP wanted more green and RIM wanted to gamble on future earnings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home