Quantum Spin

Well, due to some spammer having found this obscure blog, I have been forced to refuse Anonymous posts. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause for legitimate posters, but since I am unable to send feedback to the offending servers causing them to explode and burst into flames - well, I do what I can. Thank you to all my sincere commentators and may the spammers rot in digital agony.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

What's That? Social Security Is Doing Just Fine?

That's what I've been told by some. They claim that SS is so well run and efficient and that it's in fine shape.

Really.

Social Security to See Payout Exceed Pay-In This Year

By MARY WILLIAMS WALSH
Published: March 24, 2010

The bursting of the real estate bubble and the ensuing recession have hurt jobs, home prices and now Social Security.

This year, the system will pay out more in benefits than it receives in payroll taxes, an important threshold it was not expected to cross until at least 2016, according to the Congressional Budget Office.
Yeah.

Fine shape.
Very efficient.
No problems at all.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If congress paid back all the IOU's to SS fund, SS would have 4 billion dollars. As it is they can't make the interest payments right now.

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home